Christmas Drinking Games
‘Tis the season to be jolly… and a little on edge. It’s no wonder therapists are the busiest during the holiday season. Christmas brings out the best…and worst in us! Families are gathering together, and you’re forced to talk to your Aunt Betty who’s, well, about the most difficult person in the world to get along with. That’s where this list of the Best Christmas Drinking Games comes in handy.
As much as it can suck to handle the stress of the holidays, the following list of the Best Christmas Drinking Games will help ease the pain.
#1. Jingle Bells Christmas Drinking Game
Christmas Party Drinking Games for Adults
If loud noises annoy you easily, the Jingle Bells Christmas Drinking Game might not be your cup of tea. Regardless, it’s a fantastic party drinking game.
The rules are simple, making this such an easy drinking game that even your space cadet cousin will understand it:
- The youngest player in the bunch begins by closing their eyes.
- This is when your miming skills come into play – the rest of the group quietly decides who will be the “screamer” this turn.
- Next, the “screamer” yells JINGLE BELLS as loudly as possible.
- Afterward, the player with their eyes closed guesses who yelled JINGLE BELLS.
- If they’re correct, the person who screamed takes a drink. But if they guess incorrectly, they have to take two drinks.
Play if you’re looking for: fun drinking games without cards, verbal drinking games, drinking games for parties, drinking games for groups
The National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Drinking Game is Number 1 on our list because most families watch this Christmas classic anyway! So why not add some spiked eggnog to the mix?
Of course there are numerous variations, so it can be as easy or as complicated as you like. Here are just a few of our favorite prompts:
In this Best Christmas Drinking Game, drink whenever:
- Clark has an awkward moment.
- A person or pet messes with the Griswold Family Christmas Tree.
- Someone’s wearing an ugly sweater.
The best variation? Whenever someone playing the drinking game has to get up to use the restroom, they have to yell “Shitter’s Full!”
This is just a taste of what this Best Christmas Drinking Game has in store for you.
Play if you’re looking for: easy drinking games, fun drinking games with shots, movie drinking games, drinking games for parties
While Giant Beer Pong is usually a summer game, it doesn’t have to be. Case in point:
Basically, Giant Beer Pong is like regular beer pong on steroids. And it’s so much fun! It’ll pull Grandma out of her comfort zone, and you can even include family under drinking age. Just have them drink hot apple cider instead.
Play if you’re looking for: active drinking games, drinking games for 2 people (one-on-one), drinking games for 4 people
#3. Santa’s Hat Christmas Drinking Game
Third on our list of yuletide games is Santa’s Hat Christmas Drinking Game. This game is easy, and you can play it with any Christmas movie. Talk about stress-free.
Santa’s Hat Christmas Drinking Game Variation #1
- In this Christmas Drinking Game, players who forget to drink at the appropriate times have to wear the hat until it gets passed on to another player.
- Players who misquote any line from the movie also must wear it.
- The person wearing the Santa hat at the end of the movie must chug their entire drink.
Santa’s Hat Christmas Drinking Game Variation #2
In Variation #2, everyone needs a Santa Hat. (Buy in bulk to save money.)
- Before the game starts, decide on a pre-agreed penalty for the loser. (It’ll involve drinking, of course.)
- Whether you make them run a solo naked lap or shotgun their beer, make sure everyone knows before starting the game.
- The other thing you’ve got to decide on is the “leader.”
Once everyone has a Santa hat and understands the rules, everyone goes about their business – socializing, eating, etc.
At a random time, the “leader” takes off his/her hat. Once they take their hat off, everyone else has to remove their hats.
The last person to do so is the loser. It’s time to drink up for this lucky loser!
Play Variation #1 or #2 if you’re looking for: Easy drinking games, Christmas movie drinking games, fun drinking games without cards, Christmas Drinking Games for parties
When you’re feeling lazy after a big Christmas feast, the Home Alone Movie Christmas Drinking Game is perfect. Much like the National Lampoon’s Movie Christmas Drinking Game, the rules are straightforward.
There are literally 3 steps to this alcohol game:
#1. Decide in advance what the drinking prompts are.
#2. Watch the Home Alone Movie
#3. Drink whenever one of the prompts comes up.
Our favorite variations?
Tequila shots- Take a shot of Tequila when Buzz talks about “Old Man Marley’s” seasonal mummification of sprinkling salt while he shovels. You’ve got to drink this with SALT and lime.
Nostalgia- Every time a player says something to the effect of “I remember this part!”, they have to take five drinks. We get it, you fondly remember watching this film as a child. We all do.
Terror- Take five drinks when Kevin must face “The Evil Furnace.” That scene was terrifying!
Best if you’re looking for: easy drinking games, movie drinking games, drinking games without cards, drinking games for 2 people, drinking games for parties
#5. The Christmas Carol Christmas Drinking Games
Have you been pretending to know the lyrics to all those oldie-but-goodie Christmas Carols, or do you really know your stuff?
Only instead of rhyming, this fun drinking game requires each player to say the next line in the Christmas Carol.
How to Play Christmas Carol Drinking Game With Rules:
#1. One person starts by saying the first line of a Christmas Carol.
#2. Next, the person to their left says the next line.
#3. This keeps going until someone can’t remember the next line… then it’s bottoms up, my friend!
#4. The loser gets to start the next round.
#6. The “Christmas-Opoly” Christmas Drinking Game
Christmas-Opoly the Board Game is a twist on the traditional Monopoly game, and you can play it without drinking as well.
Here are some highlights:
- The player pieces include: candy cane, train, teddy bear, reindeer, scrooge, and a lump of coal
- Everything has the Christmas theme, from the cards to the rectangles on the board itself.
- For 2-6 players
Now, to turn this into a Christmas Drinking Game… Players must take a shot every time they:
- Lands on Luxury Taxes or Income Tax spots
- End up on another player’s property
- Lands on the Jail Space
- Pay any sort of fee from a “Chance” or “Community Chest” Card
- Have to be reminded that it’s their turn
Of course you can make up your own rules, but Christmas-opoly Christmas Drinking Game With Rules is loads of fun and will have even your grumpiest friend in the holiday spirit in no time!
Best if you’re looking for: cheap board games, drinking games for 2 people, drinking games for parties